7 December 2013

Joe Wellington, The Tumblr?

I've been told that social media is the way to find someone these days. I don't Tweet (and really hope I never do because I think I would easily become addicted and I really don't have time for that in my life right now) but I have friends who do. They've been nice enough to tweet links to my blog to help me with this search.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I don't like setting up web sites or Facebook pages- man, setting up this blog was a challenge for me! I'm not the most patient person when it comes to this stuff. My husband is a web developer and gets a good laugh every time he watches me try to do some sort of "coding" (but that's not what I'm doing right now. I don't even know if that is the correct term).

Anyway, so I did end up setting up a Facebook page for Where's Joe Wellington (please give it a like!) and my dear supporters will be bombarded with my blog links. Hopefully they find this as entertaining as I do.

But really... this is about finding my friend. And in order to do that I have to be willing to try anything. I've already humiliated myself... I think I can handle some more.

So, I set up a Tumblr account, "Let's get ready to Tummbbbllll....rrrr!" (I couldn't resist).

Another username, another password! YIKES. And then what? I don't even really know what Tumblr is and why do they spell it that way?

I had to sign up, though because... there is a person on there with the blog name "Joseph A. Wellington". And in order for me to get any information from him, I have to sign up. So I have no idea if he is in New Zealand or Australia or Zimbabwe. I don't know how old he is or what he looks like. It does say he is a husband and father.

After taking an hour to figure out this Tumblr thing (I'm sure it's great, really. I'm just not patient with this sort of thing), I had an account, found him, and was able to send him a message asking if he is "Joe Wellington who is a Kiwi and was in San Francisco in December 1998?".

My head is spinning. Adrenaline rushing.

We'll see what sort of response I receive. I am hoping he is kind and... well, I hope he's the Joe Wellington I'm looking for. Because I really, really want to stop staring at men on the street and I really really really don't want to have to set up a Twitter account.